Friday 27 January 2012

北马之旅第1天 - 情定爱情巷 Northern Malaysia Trip 1st Day - Attached to Love Lane


Ferry has moved, this means that my Northern Malaysia trip begins......

 No doubt about it, I’m on my way to Penang Island...... Compared to last year’s Singapore trip, this Chinese New Year, I chose to go on a budget holiday. While on the ferry crossing the Penang straits, it just came to my mind that it’s been 8 years since I’ve last been to Penang. The last time I’ve been to Penang is a day before the Banda Aceh tsunami incident.....




 I can call Penang as a city filled with memories to me. I used to travel with friends to Penang. 9 years ago, lots of sweet and memorable memories was created here. Time passed by silently and most of my friends who traveled with me are university students, some of them even went overseas to further their studies. Some of them also are already working but sadly one of them had left us forever. In a time period of 9 years, many things can happen.

From Butterworth to Georgetown, it only took me 20 minutes via ferry. Once I’ve reached the island, I straight away saw Xiao Hua, San Wee senior and brother dry waving their hands at me. The funny part is when they started calling some random names when they saw me at the ferry terminal.


  Xiao Hua’s mother is very delighted to meet all of us, she even prepared us a bowl of deserts and pomelo, and somehow San Wee senior managed to finish the huge pomelo all by himself!

Afternoon, San Wee senior, Xiao Hua and I went to the bus terminal in Sungai Nibong to greet the arrival of Zia Mun and also Pei Li. Then, the 5 of us took a local town bus to Queensbay Mall to meet the others such as Yong Ying, Brother Dry, Sherry and a mysterious guest; Hui Yi Senior! We had a big gathering in a restaurant named T-bowl in Queensbay mall. It would be great of Soo Bee senior could attend this gathering too.


 Speaking about T-bowl, I had a bad perception towards this restaurant. Their food in their Sungei Wang plaza is not that good. Luckily the dishes served here is far better than the one served at Sungei Wang plaza. The only problem is I failed to finish the whole dish every time I eat at T-Bowl.

 After having a heavy lunch, we went for a stroll inside Queensbay Mall. We left Queensbay Mall around 6pm but it took us a full hour to get on a bus to return to our guesthouse. What a miserable day!



..... The miserable day doesn’t stop yet, Yong Ying discovered that she had lost her mobile phone when we got on the bus; hence our next destination is the Georgetown police station. It just came to me that I’ve been to the police station again in the 2 months period for the same case......

We reached our guesthouse – Red Inn Guesthouse at 9pm. This guesthouse was located in an old house in Love Lane. The wooden stairs, the wooden window stilts, the old black pluck and also the small brick on the floor. I’m totally in love to the environment in the Red Inn Guesthouse. My heart attached to Love Lane too, I just love the old building, the serenity and peaceful environment of this lane.



When we go out for dinner, it is already 10pm plus, most of the restaurant had already closed. The only option left is the hawker stalls opened along Lebuh Chulia. Since I’m not that hungry, I chose to have 10 satays as my dinner. They prepared those satays using the traditional way, to burn them using charcoal! But that satay is the worst satay I’ve ever had in my life. Well, it’s better not to judge a book by its cover.

Red Inn was reside by many foreign traveller...... I can almost confirm that we are the only Malaysian in here.... 

It's just so hard to open my mouth and speak English to these Western traveller, however a chance has come tonight......

...... I was online with guest house public computer, an English lady approach to me and say: "Ooh~ You read TWILIGHT!", then our half an hour conversation begins......

Hmm~ My English wasn't too bad right, at least we can speak for half an hour, but you guys probably wondering why that English lady approach to me......

Relax, the answer will reveal....


... Not TWILIGHT, but GWILDLIGHT ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciation

Song of the Latest Post